ANC denies calling for a JZ resignation after StateCapture report

ANC denies calling for a JZ resignation after StateCapture report

THE African National Congress (ANC) says calls for President Jacob Zuma to resign because of the State of Capture report are unfounded. The ANC was addressing the media on Tuesday( today) afternoon after its National Working Committee (NWC) meeting.
This was the first NWC meeting after the release of the State of Capture report. The report released last week, implicated various players including President Jacob Zuma, Co-operative Governance Minister Des van Rooyen and Mineral Resources Minister Mosebenzi Zwane.
In the report, former Public Protector, Thuli Madonsela asked that a commission of inquiry must be set up to investigate the findings of the report and that Chief Justice, Mogoeng Mogeong must appoint a judge to head the inquiry.
ANC Secretary General Gwede Mantashe says the ANC in principle supports an inquiry into the influence of business over elected officials, but questions some of Madonsela’s stipulations.
Mantashe says Madonsela’s setting prescripts for a Commission of Inquiry into state capture goes beyond her powers. He also says they will meet with some of the veterans who have requested to meet with the party.
He however dismissed some of the veterans’ calls for party MPs to vote with a conscience.
“The MPs of the ANC are in parliament, they will have a caucus, they will vote according to their party caucus position,” says Mantashe. See also how SA based Zimbabwean businessman Frank Buyanga could probably sucked in to the latest ZumaGate scandal – SABC
08/11/2016