HUNDREDS of Zimbabweans have still not received a decision on their Zimbabwe Special Permits project(ZSP), despite tomorrow’s deadline .
“Judging by situation prevailing on the ground, it is highly unlikely that everyone will receive his/her outcome before the prescribed deadline of tomorrow. MIWUSA(Migrant Workers Union of SA) would like to encourage all the applicants, yet to receive their outcome ,to be calm , the reality of the matter is that people will still receive their outcome after the deadline of tomorrow.
As an organisation we are extremely disappointed with the manner in which the ZSP project was handled,” says MIWUSA co ordinator Mandla Masuku.
Another group helping Zims in SA with their migration problems, House of Hope says VFS offices will be open for another two weeks, although this website was not able to verify this at the time of going to press.
However Masuku adds that his organisation is concerned with the amount of time and the delays that have prevented some of applicants from knowing the outcome of their applications..
“Surely considering the fact that the permits are only for three years, we would have expected home affairs to issue these permits in time. Now a year is gone ,with some still on the queue for these permits. I strongly believe that home affairs have short changed us, and they owe us an explanation or they must refund us our money ,” says Masuku adding that some of the applications have been rejected on what he described as “dubious” reasons.
“MIWUSA on Saturday 03 October 2015,will convene a third ZSP review meeting at its offices.
To us it is clear that DHA is acting in bad faith and there are just buying time at the expense of our desperate and vulnerable people,” charges Masuku.
Meanwhile the SA Minister of Home Affairs, Malusi Gigaba, will tomorrow,Wednesday, 30 September 2015, launch a pilot project related to the partnership with financial institutions aimed at ensuring convenient access to the application of Smart ID cards by clients from respective banks.
Gigaba will be joined, at the event by Standard Bank CEO Ben Kruger and FNB CEO Jacques Celliers as well as senior management from the Department of Home Affairs.
This follows an announcement earlier this year by the Department to work with major banks to provide an alternative channel to serve clients, thus expanding Home Affairs footprint and minimizing queues at front-line offices.
“Further to this, the partnership seeks to facilitate efficient and secured ways of accessing services; accelerate the replacement of the green bar-coded ID bookand eradicate the old system of processing the Green ID book which currently still poses risks,” adds a statement released by the Department today. – www.zimsinsa.com