DISGRACED Paralympian star Oscar Pistorius will be sentenced in June for the 2013 murder 0f his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.
The Office of the Chief Justice on Wednesday said that sentencing procedures would not commence on 18 April as originally reported.
In a statement, the Office of the Chief Justice said: “The 18th of April 2016 was a date provisionally arranged pending the outcome of Pistorius’ application for leave to appeal the Supreme Court of Appeal judgment.
“The sentencing proceeding will start de novo, from 13 to 17 June 2016 at the Gauteng Division of the High Court, Pretoria.”
Earlier this month, the Constitutional Court denied Pistorius leave to appeal his murder conviction.
Pistorius lodged his application for leave to appeal earlier this year after a decision by the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) on December 3 last year to overturn his 2014 conviction of culpable homicide.
Just days after the SCA ruling, the high court in Pretoria released him on R10 000 bail, ordered that he be electronically monitored, and only be allowed to travel within a 20-km radius of his uncle’s mansion in Waterkloof, Pretoria.
Pistorius had been staying with his uncle since his release from prison in October last year after serving less than a year of his five year sentence for culpable homicide – the charge on which he was originally convicted. – ANA